Are you interested in joining the EloTalk team? We’re currently recruiting writers from various backgrounds with the passion & motivation to bring new and regular content to our readers. You do not need to be involved in esports to write with us! Our main categories are gaming, esports, technology and culture (movies, comics, TV shows, anime – anything related to nerd culture).
With over 10,000 monthly visitors and tons of opportunities to grow and learn internally with our team, as a writer you will be given the chance to make a name for yourself and have tons of fun.
Writers are responsible for:
- Picking 1-3 games/topics and specializing in them, with room for flexibility
- Staying top of trends in your topic/game
- Writing articles for game balance changes, patch notes, developer updates, tournaments, or other updates
- Writing weekly (preferred) or once every 30 days (minimum)
The ideal candidate:
- Has knowledge and researched their topic/game
- Has creative ideas for articles for their topic/game
- Is established on Twitter or willing to get one: you will be asked to have a Twitter and use it to network and promote content (we are able to help with the branding and setting up of your social media presence)
- Has experience writing in a journalist setting preferred but not mandatory
- Can write with minimal or no grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes
- Works well in a team setting
- Is a motivated self-starter who doesn’t need instruction or constant overlooking/checking up on
- Can meet deadlines and write once every 30 days minimum – once a week is encouraged
This position is a volunteer opportunity with tons of career perks and room for personal growth and knowledge as well as the ability to network within the gaming and esports community.
For esports coverage, in the future you may have the opportunity to attend tournaments and events as press to meet and interview players and network with companies in a professional manner if you seem to fit the part.
Affiliates & Partners
Want to get to know our team? Feel free to hop in our Discord!