The cinematic adaptation for the popular Online MMORPG has released its second trailer. Warcraft will tell the story of Orcs and Humans, bringing us all the way back to their initial encounter. In this new trailer, we get a small glimpse of the Dwarfs that will also play a part in the storyline. The main characters that are shown are Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel), Garona (Paula Patton), King Llane Wrynn (Dominic Cooper), Ogrim (Robert Kazinsky) and Durotan (Toby Kebbell). In this new video, we also get a preview of Medivh played by Ben Foster, Gul’dan played by Daniel Wu and many more.
The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war as its civilization faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying home to colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, two heroes are set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their family, their people, and their home.
There were many scenes that seems very promising in this trailer. We get to see great images of the locations in the movie very early in the video. While a lot of people have been worried about the use of CGI with the orcs, the teams working on their creations really appear to have done an amazing job. The orcs really appear like the ones in the game, which is not something that would have been possible with only a human being. They are massively tall and look terrifying.
The next thing that we see that really impresses us is the armor and costumes. They are so well designed and aim to stay true to Blizzard’s unique style. The shoulders seems much bigger than the ones on regular armor sets and they have full helmets that do not let you see any parts of the face and yet it looks believable. The costumes that are not made for combat also look like they are out of this world. They are elegant with a medieval touch that really fits with the universe. Finally, as seen in most part of the trailer, the fight scenes promise to be epic!
What We Didn’t Enjoy
The choice of music used in this trailer has brought a lot of fans disappointment. It does not fit the style of the movie at all. It only feels like a marketing trick to get to a bigger audience or to make the movie look more aggressive, but in a bad way. What fans of the games really appreciate is the soundtrack, and it is as important for the movie as it is in the game. Soundtracks should put you in the mood while not being too distracting from the scenario, which did not work well in this trailer. We do hope that it’s not a song that will have a lot of presence in the final movie.
- The movie was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia
- When Uwe Boll asked Blizzard if they would let him direct the film, their answer was: ”’We will not sell the movie rights, not to you… especially not to you. Because it’s such a big online game success, maybe a bad movie would destroy that ongoing income, what the company has with it.” This just shows how much Blizzard cares for this movie and for their games!
- The movie was supposed to be release in December 2015, but was pushed back to avoid a rivalry with Star Wars Episode VII.
- There is an Orcish dialect that was created for the movie.
- The source for the movie would be taken from the books ”Rise of the Horde”.
- In the movie’s IMDB page, you can see that there is an actress casted for a ”Draenei Mother”.
- The movie was first announced as a project in 2006.
Finally, here is the new trailer! The movie will come out on June 10 and we can’t wait to see what it will look like!
All images and videos are copyright of Blizzard Entertainment and Legendary Pictures. Opinions are not affiliated with Blizzard at all.