Heroes of the Storm: Machines of War
Probably Blizzard’s biggest reveal of the event: Machines of War.
This new game event will be similar to the Diablo one that was featured last year. This time it will showcase Starcraft II with brand new maps, skins and heroes. Alarack will be the newest assassin from the Starcraft II universe and Zarya will be the second hero from Overwatch to step in the Nexus, but this time as a warrior.
Two new battlegrounds were announced: Braxis Holdout and Warhead Junction.
- Braxis was a planet used by the Dominion to make experiments on how to use the Zerg Swarm as a massive weapon. In this map, players will have to capture two Beacons to fill holding cells with Zergs. Once filled, they will unleash a Zerg wave on the enemy’s base. Holding out against the Zergs will also be a part of the game, as they will attack heroes and structures.
- Warhead Junction was a testing facility for nuclear weapons. In this battleground, warheads will spawn accross the map and players will have to pick them up to activate their nuke. However, if they die before using them, they will drop them. Launching a nuke will devastate the enemy’s fortifications.
In-Game event: Xel’Naga Artifact hunt
- To participate in this event, players have to log in to receive a daily quest. At the starts of a match, artifacts pieces and SCVs may appear. We will have to collect the pieces to restore the artifact while the SCVs will try to interfere.
- Queen of Ghosts Kerrigan
- Ghost Speeder Mount
- Raider Rexxar
- The Butcherlisk (Butcher Skin)
- Herald of N’Zoth Alarak
- Machine of War Bundle: will include all the skins listed above with the heroes, Alarak and 2 mounts (Obsidian Cyber Wold and Ghost Speeder).
Hell, it’s about time. – Tychus, Starcraft II Wings of Liberty