Hell Billie Mount
Some of us have had the chance to be a part of this game since the Alpha, while others have been experiencing it since the Beta. The community has grown a tremendous amount in the past year. Here is a small list of the many events, tournaments and changes through the first year of the game!
- Fifteen new heroes – Chromie and Medivh being the most recent
- Ranked Play Revamps, with a bans and a whole new system on the way
- Tracer was introduced as the very first Overwatch hero in the game
- Many heroes had interesting reworks (Gazlow, Arthas, Anub’arak to name a few)
- Heroes of the Dorm 2016
- Blizzcon 2015 Championship
- The Recuit a Friend option was added in the game
- Cho’Gall was the first (and only) Hero introduced with a two-players on one hero mechanic
- The hunted mines were removed from Quick Match (we still can’t tell if it will ever return), while Sky Temple and the most recent maps were added
- There is still an Arena Mode and an Unranked Draft mode in the making
- The Eternal Conflict (Diablo Event!)
- the Ultimate FanArt Contest
- We have seen 2 Billie mounts and it’s time to say good-bye to Billie the Kid to welcome Hell Billie
This was a great year for the game development, but right now, players are looking towards the game’s future. Many still ask for another cross-game related event like the Diablo one (The Eternal Conflict). Almost all of us are wondering: Illidan’s Charger, what was it meant to be? Also, will the Haunted Mines be back in Quick Match eventually? What about the Arena Mode? Who will be the next Hero ? (We need more supports!).
We look forward to more releases and reveals in the upcoming year
Happy first anniversary Heroes!