Riot has announced they will be introducing a new feature that we anticipate many players who deal with afkers will be relieved to hear. Players will have access to a new command called /remake, which will allow games to be remade if there is an unfair/uneven game. To use the command, players will have to meet a certain criteria (see below for requirements). Overall, this feature is a step in the right direction to amend some of the issues with leavers/afkers in games, making League of Legends an unpleasant experience.
- If any player is dc’d or flagged afk for at least ninety seconds at the three minute mark, and there’s been no first blood, all players on the short-handed team are prompted to /remake with a chat message
- All players on that team have one minute to prompt a vote by typing /remake in chat
- The vote needs at least two of four players (30% of players in game) to agree, at which point the game ends
- All players connected to the game basically pretend the game never happened, gaining or losing no LP/IP/XP, and seeing no change to their overall W/L records
- The dc’d player (or players) takes full LP losses or drop a promo game, and are also flagged by Leaver Buster
- Note for ranked: To protect competitive integrity, Diamond V and above players will also take a loss when the dc’d player is in their premade; We’ll keep an eye on this restriction to see if it needs to extend to lower ranks
This new function will be tested in North America during patch 6.11 and a global release will follow.
More information can be found on Riot’s website.