Mega Busters around the world will soon be dusted off when Capcom brings the beloved Mega Man to both iOS and Android in January of next year.
The first six Mega Man games are scheduled for release, presumably with more to follow. Being a long-time lover of Mega Man and having played almost every installment of the series I can tell you the hype is real! Capcom included a link to register for a notification when the games are released in the tweet so you don’t miss it.
This may have been what Capcom meant when they said a franchise will be revived. During a press release earlier this year, they said “Capcom is currently focused on reviving series that have not had new entries recently, or otherwise dormant IP.”
A few questions:
- Will the six games be bundled into one large game? Possibly. Here’s the list of the first six coming to mobile:
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile– Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears – Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe – the enigmatic Mr. X!
- How much will this/these cost?
- Can you even beat these games with a touch screen?! Mega Man was challenging as it is.
I think it will be possible, but some of these games are ridiculously hard. I can vividly recall the rage inducing boss battles of Mega Man squeezing the life out of my GameBoy with sweaty hands. Anyway, we’ll have to see what Mega Man will be like come January.