Remember The Matrix with its kick-ass fight scenes? Then you remember that sick tactical top-down violent shooter Hotline Miami. Well take that, add a sprinkle of thievery and a touch of superhuman powers and you got yourselves Mr Shifty by Team Shifty and tinyBuild!
Mr Shifty is in my words a tactical action fighter where you control “Mr Shifty” to break into the worlds most secure facility in order to steal an item of immense importance.
Details: Mr Shifty
- Title: Mr Shifty
- Studio name: Team Shifty
- Publisher: tinyBuild
- Platforms: PC / Mac / Linux (via Steam), other platforms being announced soon
- Price: TBC
- Release Date: Q2 2017
- Genre(s): Action, Adventure
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Processor: Dual-Core Intel or AMD processor
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 550 GTX / AMD Radeon 5770 HD series card
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX9.0c compatible sound card and drivers
About Mr Shifty
Use your skill in close combat and a special ability to teleport to traverse the world of Mr Shifty. Your task is to infiltrate a top-level secure facility and steal a precious item by any means necessary, be that punching and kicking peoples’ heads in, impaling them with trident spears Poseidon style or sweeping up the opposition with a broom.
In Mr Shifty you must survive by skill and wit alone as one shot or one hit will take you down. That’s right you might be a fast teleporting ass-kicking s.o.b. but you’re about as fragile as a 1000 year old Chinese vase (something which you can actually smash-up in-game may I add). So with every area you must use your surroundings to best effect, distracting the enemy by smashing something or teleporting through a wall to kick a door into the enemy’s face.
Main Features: Mr Shifty
- Shift through walls, through bullets, cover huge distances and be everywhere at once
- One shot kills, survive on skills
- Use distraction, trickery, explore what’s possible when stealth and action become one!
- Toy with enemies, laugh as they use doors to enter rooms
- Underestimate enemies and cry as they use group tactics to outsmart Shifty
- Full game will contain over 120 levels
Current Thoughts on Mr Shifty
What has been the most satisfying thing in Mr Shifty is the core mechanic of being able to teleport through walls/doors. There’s something about warping through a wall carrying a polearm and smacking the living daylights out of a room full of gun-armed goons that brings a certain level of joy to my brain.
Not only that but I really love the art style and fluid mechanics of Mr Shifty. It’s best enjoyed via a controller although you can opt to go mouse and keyboard should you wish to.
Mr Shifty is due for release in Q2 2017 and you can follow their progress via Twitter.