Jump into the 24th Century as the role of a jumper, obliterate subterranean aliens in the heart-pounding 2D shooter Hive Jump by Indie development team Graphite Lab.
Hive Jump is a 2D co-op action sci-fi shooter, developed by small indie studio Graphite Labs who have only one other title to their name, Mr. Potato Head: School Rush.
Hive Jump Core Information
- Title: Hive Jump
- Studio name: Graphite Lab
- Platforms: PC / Mac / Linux (via Steam) and Wii U
- Price: £14.99 ($18.00)
- Release Date (correct at time of publication): January 18th 2017
- Genre(s): Action, sci-fi, platformer
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / 7
- Processor: Intel Core™ Duo or faster
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB
- Storage: 1400 MB available space
Hive Jump Main Features
- Action Platforming: Engage swarms of aliens in frenetic combat. Avoid traps, withstand ambushes, discover treasures, rescue survivors, and more.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play online with Steam friends or via matchmaking! Or play local “couch” co-op on one pc.
- Procedural Levels: Jump into procedurally generated alien hives. Level modifiers like dark levels keep you on your toes and offer new challenges to overcome.
- Unique Permadeath: Keep the transponder backpack in one piece! It is your mobile respawn point and if it is destroyed your team has no more lives.
- Challenging AI: Intelligent and fierce enemies will hunt you throughout the hive.
- Sci-Fi Arsenal: Pulverize aliens with pulse rifles, flamethrowers, and a variety of unlockable and upgradable weapons that persist between missions.
- Hand-Designed Challenges: Plunder challenge rooms and uncover lost relics to boost the power of your jumpers for that mission.
- Dynamic Lighting: Experience pixel-perfect dynamic lighting using Sprite Lamp.
- Daily/Weekly Challenges: Compete with friends and strangers to see who is the greatest jumper in the galaxy with Daily and Weekly Challenge missions with Leaderboards coming soon.
- Strategic Campaigns: The results of your jumps directly impact the ongoing galactic war against the aliens. Manage your planetary campaign between jumps in a turn-based strategy mode. (Feature not yet present in Early Access)
- Gamepad Support: Play Hive Jump using your favorite console controller.
Overall Thoughts on Hive Jump
So far in Hive Jump, I have only clocked up just under an hour worth of play on Hive Jump, mostly due to primarily testing it before streaming it later this week. That being said, that hour I’ve played has been utterly tremendous and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed romping through the subterranean levels blasting away any beasties that might dare show up in front of my rifle.
I’m getting a massive retro vibe from this game and I’m honestly looking forward to delving deeper into Hive Jump to see what delights it has in-store.
Hive Jump releases on Steam (PC/MAC/Linux) on January 18th 2017, check out the trailers below.