Atlus has posted a new trailer to their YouTube channel this month, and with it the reveal of 3 new characters:
- Makoto Niijima– The student council president of the Protagonist’s high school. Her persona appears to take the form of a motorcycle.
- Futaba Sakura– A girl who appears to take the role of information/support like Fuuka from Persona 3 and Rise from Persona 4. Her persona takes the form of a UFO. She also appears to have an ability to power up other characters.
- Haru Okumura– Revealed as the mysterious and ever modest Beautiful Thief. She appears in the trailer alongside Morgana and sports a sort of cinematic finishing technique.
Although new characters were the main topic of this trailer, we got a glimpse at a handful of other details.
- We see the protagonist partaking in part-time jobs like in earlier series installments. So far this includes bartending and serving at a fast food restaurant.
- There are also various new dungeon environments including a desert temple, a space station, and a bizarre M.C. Escher-esque art museum with disjointed staircases going in every direction.
The trailer ends with a brief clip of series staple Igor. His voice is noticeably different from previous installments being much deeper than before.
Persona 5 comes out in Japan September 15th 2016 for Playstation 3 and Playstation 4.
See more about the characters here.