iBackPack 2.0: For The On-The-Go Techie
Take a look around and you’ll see smartphones, tablets, and laptops all over the place. We are living in the Information Age, where so long as we have our mobile devices on us, we have access to the world’s knowledge merely at the tips of our fingers. This is still, however only temporary. At the end of the day, we find ourselves racing back home to charge a phone that’s blinking on 5% battery, or to rekindle a laptop’s connection to the outside world with WiFi. Not anymore. Meet the iBackPack.
No, the iBackPack is not the latest Apple product, however it can certainly charge all of their devices! This product revolutionizes the way we think of backpacks and mobile storage. It was created by an innovative team in Austin, Texas that wanted a way to bring the efficiency and utility of supporting devices at home to a mobile platform. The original iBackPack 1.0 was previously listed on IndieGoGo back in October of 2015 with a funding goal of $60,000. It has since been met with an overwhelming amount of support and praise, leading it to finish the campaign with backer funds totaling over $500,000!
Now with the iBackPack 2.0, they currently offer 3 tiers of iBackPack specifications: Power, WiFi, and Sales Pro. While they all have some varying differences in features, the structural integrity and quality of the material remain the same across each version:
- Dimensions: 18.75” x 13” x 8.25”
- Weight: 4.5 lbs
- Fits: 15.6” Laptop
- Waterproof, Bulletproof, and Shock Resistant
- YKK Zippers
Power – Early Supporter: $175, Expected Retail: $249
- 20,000 mAh Main Battery with Flashlight – That’s a big number, but let’s put it into perspective. The battery sizes of the 10 Best Smartphones in the US, according to TechRadar, yielded an average of approximately 3,000 mAh. That means that the iBackPack main battery can keep your phone alive for almost an entire week!
- Retractable Power Cord + Smart Cables (5 pieces) – The power cord lets you recharge the main battery, as well as the smart cables allowing you to connect multiple devices at the same time to charge from it.
- Universal 110V/220V to USB Wall Charger – If you like traveling between Europe and the US, this is perfect for making sure you can charge no matter where you are.
- Car Charger with 2 USB Ports – Maybe you’re a road trip fanatic, and don’t like staying off the road for too long. Now you can charge while you drive!
- 4 Ports USB Hub – Sometimes you just can’t find your USB to wall outlet adapter. No worries! iBackPack has you covered.
- Bluetooth Speaker/Controller – Sometimes you find a song that is so amazing that headphones don’t do it justice. Just connect to the built-in bluetooth speaker, and now you’ve got a mini-concert.
- iPhone/Android Mobile App – Downloading their supported app means you’ll never lose your iBackPack ever again. There is a built-in GPS tracker that links with this app, meaning you’ll know exactly where it is at all times. It also links directly to your backpack’s personal alarm system that immediately alerts the local police if it detects a theft might have occurred.
- Luggage Tags and Key Fobs – For those who travel by air a lot, this will save you plenty of time checking in. All luggage tags, key fobs, and locks on the iBackPack are 100% TSA approved.
- RFID Blocking Pouches – You know that new fancy chip in everyone’s credit cards nowadays? These pouches make sure no one can access the information on it except for you!
- 30+ Pockets with Additional Hidden Pockets – At the end of the day though, the iBackPack is still a backpack that needs to be able to hold all your valuables and devices, and boy does it deliver on that promise!
WiFi – Early Supporter: $249, Expected Retail: $299
Everything the Power version has.
- Wi-Fi / Mi-Fi 3G/4G with 8,000 mAh battery – Now you can turn your iBackPack into an internet hot-spot. You’ll have to sign up for an internet plan, but it supports many of the popular internet providers: Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and more!
Sales Pro – Early Supporter: $349, Expected Retail: $399
Everything the WiFi version has.
- Access to 10,000 Contacts a Month – So this is pretty much for the hardcore B2B salesperson. If you’re someone who travels from company to company finding sales leads, then this option is perfect for you. You’ll get access to a database of over 100 million contacts to save you time and money.
- Downloadable B2B Contacts – Found the perfect candidates that you want to strike negotiations with? You can download all of that information directly to a .csv format which is compatible with all CRM apps.
Looking at this backpack, it is a gold mine for any techie. You’ve got batteries and cables for days, that will support your devices literally for days. You can charge it in the US or in Europe, and in the car or on foot. It’s TSA friendly, and it’ll keep your devices safe from criminals trying to obtain your digital information. The only concern with it is its pricing. If you buy everything individually, then sure it adds up, but it’s worrisome that people might just see the final price tag and shy away from the triple digit dollar sign. On top of that, the retail price is much pricier than the early support price, so that’s something to consider sooner rather than later. Having said that though, if you’re a major techie that’s constantly on the go, then the iBackPack is one of the best travel companions you could have.
All photos are from iBackPack.co and their IndieGoGo campaign page, and are the property of iBackPack™ and their respective owners.